Crossed my radar screen of late…
- A Birmingham man is not leaving his home until he counts to a million. Live on the internet. Watch him here. Read a little about it here or here. I find it odd and interesting. Enough even that I have considered buying an ad on his bathroom door.
- Today is the last day you can take a survey to help a doctoral student in media and public affairs at LSU in Baton Rouge who is researching the impact of blogs on state politics around the country. If you haven’t already, take a few minutes and help her out.
- Scott Walker of The Birmingham News rigged an old newspaper box to deliver headlines every morning to his living room. (See the picture.) Pretty nifty.
- Dan’s clever idea, Dan PAC, has garnered good press around the state. Here’s a good roundup at Between the Links.
- I am sorry that Wheeler at Alablawg has left the state but am glad to see that he plans to keep his blog going in some form or fashion. We’ll miss having him in Alabama. Here are some things he’ll miss.
- The Politics in Alabama blog is closed for renovation. Jeff says there will be a re-launch with a new design and format. You can keep up with him at his personal blog.
- Two new Alabama blogs have popped up that are political-ish: Mama’s Apple Pie and Legal Schnauzer.